Sri Guru Gobind Singh College of Education
The Trust has established Sri Guru Gobind Singh College of Education, Beghpur Kamlooh (Mukerian), Distt. Hoshiarpur Punjab in 2004. The College was established in 2001to fulfill the genuine social need of the people of this area as there was only one College of Education in District Hoshiarpur. This area was economically backward and it was very difficult even impossible for the students especially the girls students to get education in the Colleges situated at far flung area. The College is recognized by Punjab Govt. and NCTE Jaipur and is affiliated to Panjab Univeristy, Chandigarh. The College is running B.Ed. Course with annual intake of 200 seats. The College has been accredited with Grade “B” by NAAC in 2011. The College has spacious Double storey building with all the required facilities like WiFi Campus, Well ventilated ICT enabled Class Rooms, rich Library with ultra modern facilities, well equipped Labs and Resourse Centres, Administrative Block, Multipurpose Hall etc. Separate Hostel facility for Boys and Girls and well equipped Sports Room and Play Grounds. Bus facility is also being provide to the students. The College has privileged to have a team of well educated, experienced and dedicated staff who make all sorts of possible efforts to impart quality education to the students. The College is showing good result since its establishment. The motto ASPIRE, ACT & ACHIEVE is truly a befitting compliment to the untiring efforts made by the Management.
The teachers are the Nation Builders with this aim and objective, the management of Sri Guru Gobind Singh College of Education, Beghpur Kamlooh (Mukerian) Distt. Hoshiarpur has raised excellent infrastructure and instructional facilities and appointed qualified staff to produce Skilled Teachers. To keep pace with the changing scenario of teacher education, our campus is undergoing rapid development and up-gradation of facilities for effective communication of curriculum to attain our mission. The Institution aspires to give ample opportunities to the future teachers for their healthy professional growth. They are trained here in a noble way for the noblest profession i.e. teaching. The institute will make every possible effort to provide quality oriented education. Our experienced and qualified faculty members will contribute their own share to enable pupil teachers to achieve and retain highest possible standards of education.
I wish you all the best for attaining peaks of success in this noble profession of Human Resource Development at all stages for National and International Competencies.
With Best Regards
Er. Parmjit Singh
Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.)
B.Ed. (Bachelor of Education) is a professional course that prepares teachers for upper primary or the middle level, secondary and senior secondary at the school level according to National Council of Teacher Education (NCTE). This degree is mandatory for teaching in higher primary and high schools in India. The program focuses on enabling student-teacher to reflect critically on the perspectives of education and integrate theory and practices to facilitate active engagement of learners for the knowledge creation.
Minimum qualification required for entry in B.Ed. course is Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) or Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.). The students for Arts stream are trained for the subjects like History, Civics, Geography and Languages, while those who are from Science background are trained to teach subjects including Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
Elementary Teachers Training(E.T.T)
Elementary Teacher Training or E.T.T. is a diploma level course for teaching preschool curriculum and equips the teachers with skills to contribute to a child’s proper growth. This course provides future educators with specialized education required to work in education sector. The prospective teachers complete on-site training as a part of their course before teaching in the classroom.
Elementary level education plays a significant role in laying the foundation for further learning through a series of supervised experiences. It is thus important that teachers acquire proper training in order to handle children at elementary level. The course includes all the major aspects of education field. Apart from the theoretical part, teachers also go through the practical training.
This program is an opening path for the students who have passed their senior secondary examination (10+2).
FACILITIES IN SGGSCE
- Adhering to transparent and Merit based Centralized admission procedure.
- Qualified and Experienced faculty and sound infrastructure.
- Our Trust give 100% Tution Fee Concession to Parentless students, 50% Tution Fee to Fatherless Students, 25 % Tution Fee to Physically Handicapped and Sibling.
- The College caters to the needs of Rural Male and Female learners of Punjab and neighboring States.
- Counseling and Placement Cell actively helps the students in placement.
- Spacious Library having Wi-Fi connectivity empowered with DELNET facility.
- Use of innovative teaching methods such as use of LCD Projectors, Smart Boards and Internet.
- Well disciplined and conducive atmosphere for teaching learning.
- Proactive and supportive management.
- Students Centric approach in teaching and learning.
- Language Lab is being used to develop sound communication skills among pupil teachers.
- Healthy rapport among the management, Principal, Faculty Members and Students.
- Students Support and progression programmes and activities.
- Strong and acclaimed presence in research consultancy and publication.
- Highly supportive alumni assistance in placement and resource development.
- Green and Eco-friendly campus.
- Active NSS Unit, Women Welfare Cell, Alumni Association, Grievance Cell, Sports Club etc. for organizing/participating of various activities
- Science Resource Centre : We have a well equipped Science Resource Centre with all latest apparatus and required material for imparting practical knowledge to the students. It comprises working & non working models.
- Psychology Resource Centre: We have a well maintained Psychology Resource centre having latest Psychology tools and tests, Apparatus etc. for B.Ed. Courses. The remarkable collection of psychological equipments & pictures of psychologists speak the richness of Psychology Resource Centre.
- ET/ICT Resource Centre : We have a Hi-Tech & Wi-fi ET and ICT Resource Centre with the provision line faculty & well furnished setting to educate a group of 40 students at a time. We have well equipped, modernized Educational Technology Lab with all the ultra modern equipments i.e. Overhead Projector.
- Language Learning Lab: We have a well maintained, computerized language learning lab which has latest Electronic devices, apparatus for developing different kills of pupil-teachers for teaching English, Hindi and Punjabi Languages.
- Art & Craft Resource Centre: To cater to the aesthetic sense of the prospective teachers, the institution owns a well decorated Art & Craft Lab with the handmade items prepared by the would be teachers.
- Health & Physical Education Resource Centre: The college has Spacious & Well maintained Play Grounds for Indoor and Outdoor games.
- Mathematics Resource Centre: Our institute has well furnished Mathematics Resource Centre having all the required working models, mathematical equipment, geometrical figures.
- Research Promotion Cell: In order to promote research in the field of education, research promotion cell has been formed in the college which works for promotion not only in house researches but also research in surrounding areas for betterment in the field of education.
- Social Science Resource Centre: Our institute has well furnished Social Science Resource Centre having all the required working models, Charts, Maps, Globe etc.
- Library: We have a Wi-Fi computerized Library cum Reading Room with the provision of peaceful reading room, having more than 9427 books for B.Ed., classes, reference books, research books etc. along with 23 journals & magazines of national & State level along with e-journal & e-books.
- Internal Quality Assurance Cell: Internal Quality Assurance Cell aims at improving the total quality of teaching learning process and also includes new visions and Horizons for further process.
- Women Grievances & Redressal Cell : In order to rectify the grievances of the students, a Women Grievance & Redressal Cell has been formed in the college.
- Guidance & Placement Cell: Our college has Guidance and Placement cell for providing latest information for the Enrichment in knowledge and skills for better future of the students.
- Anti Ragging Committee: The Anti Ragging Cell of Sri Guru Gobind Singh College of Education, Beghpur Kamlooh (Mukerian) was established in 2011. “SAY NO TO RAGGING” Ragging is strictly banned in SGGSCE, Beghpur Kamlooh. If anybody found indulged in such kind of activities, strict action will be taken as per the college norms. Ragging is banned by Supreme Court of India under Prevention of Ragging Regulations.
- Anti-Sexual Harassment Cell: The College has constituted an Anti-Sexual Harassment Cell for Redressal of Sexual harassment complaint (made by the victim) and for ensuring time bound treatment of such complaints.
- Alumni Association: The institution organize Alumni Meet every year in which students of previous sessions are invited. The main objective is to get feed back from all students.
- Trip & Tours : In order to stimulate national and emotional integrations and a sense of responsibility, college Trip & Tour are organized by the institution every year. All places of historical, cultural and educational value are given special emphasis during trip/tour.