Sri Guru Nanak Dev Education Trust will set the standard for residential liberal arts and science education in the 21st century. We are committed to creating and sustaining the conditions that enable all college students to experience an unparalleled educational journey that is intellectually, socially and personally transformative. To be the premier source for education, workforce training, partnerships and Economic development. The college will be a world leader in the integration of
- Teaching and learning
- Advancement of the knowledge base through research and scholarship
- Leadership in service and outreach.
Further the college will be a world leader in preparing professionals who provide leadership and exemplary educational and services to improve the lives of individuals in a changing and complex global society.
The mission of Sri Guru Nanak Dev Education Trust is to provide innovative educational environments, opportunities and experiences that enable individuals, communities and the region to grow, thrive and prosper.
The college’s mission is partially prescribed by the state of Illinois, and it responds to the purpose of a comprehensive community college. Briefly stated, the college achieves its mission and purpose by offering the following programs:-
- Technical courses, certificates and degrees designed to provide job training, retraining and upgrading of skills.
- Basic educational skills designed to prepare students to engage in college-level study.
- Continuing and Community education courses and programs designed to provide and encourage opportunities for lifelong learning.
- Student development programs and services designed to help students identify educational and career goals, set realistic career paths, and develop skills necessary to achieve intellectual and personal growth.
- Academic programs and services that provide supplemental support to both teaching and learning.
- Community education activities and programs that complement enhance and contribute to the growth and enrichment of students and the community, both inside and outside of the classroom.
- Community service activities and programs that promote linkages with business, industry and governmental agencies designed to meet the changing needs of the market place and promote economic growth in central Illinois.
Beginning in the classroom with exposure to new ideas, new ways of understanding and new ways of knowing, students embark on a journey of intellectual transformation. Through a diverse living environment, where students live with people who are studying different topics, who come from different walks of life and have evolving identities, intellectual transformation is deepened and condition for social transformation are created. From this we hope that students will begin to fashion their lives by gaining a sense of what they want to do with their gifts and talents, assessing their values and interests and learning how they can best serve the world.